Welcome to the Blessing Your Someone Blog!
A place to become comfortable and to build confidence in walking alongside your someone during hard times
Click “FOLLOW THIS BLOG” to receive an email about every 2 weeks, letting you know when a new blog post is added. And join in the conversation.
About the Blog
Blessing Your Someone is a place to read and discuss ideas for reaching out to others during hard times. The goal is to become comfortable and to build confidence, so that the next time you see a need, your concern will turn into action.
We are all grateful for medical personnel, professional services, and, when needed, quality therapists. However, this blog is not a professional advice column.
Blessing Your Someone is a blog about ways that regular folks can — and do — reach out to others, in all kinds of circumstances. My husband and I found that hard times were more endurable when ordinary people offered caring conversation and gestures of kindness. This blog is designed to be a community where we can encourage one another to reach out and, with a little forethought, be successful in blessing our someone.
Places to Visit on the Blog
The first blog to read is the Introduction — Welcome to the Blessing Your Someone Blog
After the Intro blog, visit the home page and scroll through the various blog titles to find topics that connect to your life and your someone.
To locate blogs on specific topics, look under the “menu” (it’s on the left of a desktop screen or under the three bars on a phone), and scroll way down to find a drop-down list of blog “categories.”
The most practical ideas from individual blogs are sorted into three categories:
- What can I say?
- What can I do?
- What can I bring?
More “categories” for specific events, skills, or info (in alphabetical order):
- Basics of Blessing — encouragement and thoughts about blessing and general traits like giving mercy.
- Blessings and Kids — both reaching out to kids and inviting kids to join you in reaching out to others.
- Funerals/Facing Dying/Grief — ideas for blessing someone with end-of-life on their mind.
- Long-Distance Blessings — you can bless even if you live far away.
- Service on Paper — some of us have gifts to offer in the area of organizing, finances, and other paperwork.
- Vocabulary of Blessings — words help us understand.
Also use the blog “menu” to find out even more about the blog:
- The About Me page
- Contact info
- Understanding the blog title